Thermal is the underpinning "engine" of ESATAN-TMS based on the lumped parameter formulation. It provides built-in hierarchical sub-modelling facility as well as a library of subroutine to simplify the analysis of complex system.
This can vary from simple interpolation on temperature or time dependent data, through to complex control logic.
Users can choose the type and method of thermal solution from the selection of solution routines available in the ESATAN library. Iterative and matrix inversion routines are available for steady state solutions. Transient solutions may be obtained from a choice of explicit or implicit routines.
- Steady-state and transient analysis
- One, two and three dimensional models
- True sub-modelling approach allowing logical break-down of complex systems
- Fully linked solution of both the solid and fluid thermal system (with ESATAN-TMS Fluids)
- Conductive, convective and radiative heat transfer
- Modelling of arbitrarily complex thermal control behaviour
- Time and/or temperature dependent conditions and properties
- Combined analyses of thermal and electrical problems
- Extremely powerful and flexible parametric analysis capabilities
- Large, user extensible library of functions and routines
- User definable library for re-useable models and families of similar designs such as Peltier, PID, heat pipes