Release News - ESATAN-TMS 2017 now released
ESATAN-TMS 2017 is now available to download from our website. ESATAN-TMS provides a high-productivity and powerful thermal modelling environment, supporting the complete thermal analysis process from geometry creation, radiative and thermal analysis, and post-processing of the thermal results.
For a full description of all the functionalities and improvements, please read the Release Notes.
ESATAN-TMS 2017 features are outlined below:
Modelling of Spinning Geometry in ESATAN-TMS
- The Assembly rotation axis can now be defined by selecting points in the visualisation, with both the moving and reference components defined in their final position; this avoids the need to define a co-ordinate shift.
Extension of Include Model
- The Include Model facility has now been extended to include additional model data.
Handling of Cut Geometry
- Extended capability and coverage of the cutting facility.
Check for Duplicate LP Thermal Nodes
- Provides the ability to highlight where duplicate thermal nodes exists between primitives, thus helping in model validation.
- Improvements to renaming geometry and deleting entities, and a mechanism to report references to a selected entity.
Extended Default Sun-Planet Properties
- On selection of the planet, given a date and time, Workbench now provides appropriate data for Sun Planet Distance, Solar Declination and Sun’s Right Ascension.
Modelling Time- and Temperature-Dependent and General Properties
- Supports the definition of time- and temperature-dependent Properties. General Properties are defined which can be a function of two or three independent variables; these Properties can then be used in the thermal model to add additional thermal control behaviour.
Analysis of thermal cases with different sets of conductors
- Allows different thermal cases to be analysed with different sets of conductors.
Control of thermal analysis steps
- flexibility of running separate steps of the thermal analysis process has been increased.
Thermal Results Post-processing Using Charts
- The post-processing capability includes the presentation of the thermal results using charts. The tight coupling between the geometry and post-processing makes it very easy to select geometry and generate charts, including heat flows between geometry components.
Control and Viewing of Thermal Result Data
- Extended to include control of the output of user-defined nodal entities. In addition, the results within the TMD file can be viewed as the solution is progressing, rather than accessing only once the analysis is complete.